Four times per year, the Exponent II magazine hosts a virtual launch party. Dates are announced in our monthly newsletter. Register here for our Winter 2022 Contest Issue launch on January 13 at 8pm EST.
What is a launch party?
A launch party, common in publishing, is a formal celebration of a forthcoming book or magazine issue—a place where contributors share parts of their work for an audience to honor the hard work they have done. A launch party is like the movie trailer for the issue and a way to build community among contributors and listeners.
What is the agenda?
- Introduction – the host/moderator welcomes everyone to the group and acknowledges the writers and artists on the call
- Cover reveal – the first glimpse
- Letter from Editor – the first glimpse
- Presentations – each contributor, depending on the number participating, will receive up to 4 minutes to present. Writers will read a portion of their work and artists will share an image to discuss
- Q&A – With host acting as moderator
- Conclusion – Thank everyone for coming and those who have worked on this issue, share next steps